Sports Premium 2018
Sports Premium funding is provided by the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and will see money going directly to primary school Head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all children. The details of the planned expenditure for 2018 are provided in the policies section of the website and also in the document at the foot of the page
The primary school sport premium investment goes direct to primary school Head Teachers and is designed to support improvements in the quality and depth of PE and school sport. In 2017/18 the amount schools receive each year has doubled.
Key Indicators - The Department for Education vision is that all pupils leaving primary school are physically literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport. The objective is to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport that delivers high quality provision of a balanced and holistic PE and school sport offer. There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Funding - Individual schools will receive circa £16000-18000 per annum (depending on the number of pupils) which they can use to support these outcomes through various options including; staff CPD, employing specialists to work alongside teachers, cluster work with other schools and partnerships, transport, equipment, hall and pool hire etc.